Saturday, February 5, 2011

Plant Ranting

Oh how I love plants!
It's awesome how they're so versatile. If you just lay a potato on some soil, it starts to grow by itself.



I once dug a clover out, but the change in environment was too much for him so he died. But after a few days, maybe weeks, he started to show new sprigs and eventually grew to an immense size (for a clover). He made lots of flowers and seeds, which i kept for coming spring. As long as the roots are alive, they'll just come back again :3. Isn't that great? It's just like chopping your leg off and it will grow a new you! (ps: it actually isn't a clover, but i haven't had the chance to determine the species, so i just named it clover because of the leaf shape).

















I kind of inherited the habit my mom has of collecting orchids. I have different sizes and colours.

Small.


Medium.













And Large.















This last one actually lost his flower stems in an unfortunate cutting accident, and it took him years, but this year he finally made 2 new ones! He has 8 flowers now, a great recovery! I'm happy he was content enough to produce new flowers :-).

Oh and some happy news to close up: My Basilicum has babies! It was impossible to take a good picture, since they're still tiny, but this is the result of my effort.














He had a great year last summer, he grew really large and made lots of flowers (nice white Lamiaceae flowers). It took me some effort to protect him from my parents -> they wanted to eat him D: Now he's having quite a tough time getting through the winter, so I'm sure he can't wait for spring, just like me!

Till the next rant,

Kroekroek.

No comments:

Post a Comment